After many years of hosting successful conferences, the Santa Clara County Juvenile Justice and Juvenile Dependency networks have joined together for the inaugural Juvenile Dependency & Juvenile Justice Beyond the Bench (BTB) Conference.
Scheduled for Friday, September 16, 2022, this collaborative training focuses on current and emerging topics of interest to Santa Clara County judicial partners.
Guest speakers include:
- Dr. Bruce Perry – Plenary Session I: Neurodevelopment, Maltreatment & the Juvenile Justice System
- Charlie Appelstein – Plenary Session II: No Such Thing As A Bad Kid
- Institutionalizing Equitable Practices
- Youth Advisory Council: How the System Has Impacted Us and How You can Create Positive Change in our Systems
- Pioneering Prevention Partnership
- “Use the Force, Luke!” Managing Number One, First & Staying Motivated to Do the Job
- Ending the Incarceration of Girls in Santa Clara County
- The Opioid Epidemic in Santa Clara County
The Juvenile Dependency & Juvenile Justice Beyond the Bench Conference is brought to you by: the Santa Clara County Department of Family and Children’s Services; Dependency Advocacy Center (DAC); Legal Advocates for Children and Youth (LACY); County of Santa Clara County Probation Department; County of Santa Clara Office of the District Attorney; County of Santa Clara Public Defender Office; Child Advocates of Silicon Valley; and the Superior Court of California – County of Santa Clara.